Saturday, November 14, 2009

Unwelcome Houseguest!


We have heard about big critters here and we've seen a few large lizards, but we had yet to see any scorpions until one evening...Quin and I were in the kitchen and he commented on the "big"scorpion. Because he is always exaggerating about the "big" spider I didn't think anything of it. I quickly changed my mind after I turned and found this fellow sitting in our kitchen. They say that the bigger the scorpion, the less lethal the sting. Fortunately no one was stung so we didn't have to test the validity of that statement. The kids were fascinated by this scorpion. Abby took it to school as show and tell. I think there are two lessons we have learned from this...first always wear shoes and second always look before you step!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use for a leatherman. I hear through the Travel Channel and Andrew Zimmern that sometimes they fry em up and eat em. Did it taste like chicken?

    ReplyDelete