Sunday, June 6, 2010

Poetry by Abby

With school out, Abby hardly knows what to do with herself.  The school provides Day Camp three morning a week for K-6, but that isn't enough for Abby.  Here is some of her work.  Enjoy seeing the world in poetic free verse through the eyes of a 10 year-old American girl living in Indonesia.

POETRY By Abby Selzer

Blue

Blue is the sky
Blue is a bird
Blue is a color
Blue is a flower growing in the ground
Blue is the wire for the printer
If only everything could be blue

Red

Red is a color
Red is the sunset
Red is a campfire roasting hotdogs
Red is a ball bouncing around
Red is O.U. the best football team

Green

Green is the freshly cut grass
Green is the tops of trees and bushes
Green is the rug that sits in the living room
Green is the stem of beautiful flowers
Green is the best so pretty and clean

Orange

Orange is the sunrise
Orange is a pumpkin growing bigger and bigger
Orange is a carrot ready to pick
Orange is an orange sitting in the sun
Orange is amazing so why not be it

Yellow

Yellow is the sun shining upon us
Yellow is a banana being gobbled up by a monkey
Yellow is millions of tennis balls bouncing around
Yellow is my brothers’ teeth
Yellow is the school bus that stops in front of my house
Without yellow we’re all in the dark

Purple

Purple is a round plum made into a plum pie
Purple is grapes being picked in a vineyard
Purple is a dodge ball getting ready to be thrown
Purple is the dress that a woman wears to the ball

Black

Black is a beautiful night
Black is the book bag I take to school
Black is the pen I write with
Black is the end of my pencil
Black is the tires our sepeda motor

Zebras

Zebras run fast
You could never catch them
Even if you are fast
Zebras are faster
I will tell you the reason
They are striped

Worms

Worms are so little
so slimy and stinky
There’s only one good thing about them
F-I-S-H-I-N-G

Monkeys

I am a spunky monkey
I am chunky
I am funky
I always eat bananas
But I never sl-ip
Ahh thump
“Ah Man’’

Tigers

Tigers are striped
They like to eat meat
They need to brush their teeth
But if you try you
DIE

Lions

Lions are mean
They growl a lot
Grow big mains
To become the
ALPHA LION

Elephants

Elephants have big trunks
They do a lot with them
They drink through them
They spit though them
Elephants do so much with them

Pink pigs

I’ve seen
Green pigs
Blue pigs
Yellow pigs
Red pigs
Orange pigs
Even black pigs
But never pink pigs
I guess they don’t like me
Yes now I’ve seen pink pigs!

Places to eat

Places to eat there are so many.
Where should I eat? Arby’s Wendy’s
Which is best? Which is fastest?
McDonalds! 

Where to go?

Where to go?
I want to go to Africa
But I also want to go to China
Where to go
I is so hard to pick
To Europe
Or Russia
Which one
I cannot choose
I guess
I will just stay right here

Hard to Choose

Hard to choose
Between a robot or an army man which one
I know I will
Flip a coin
Heads is army man
Tails is robot
Aduh!
(Indonesian for Ugh!)
Landed on its side!

Me

My name Is Abby Selzer
I like to do a lot
I play sports
I have fun
That’s what I like to do

B.E.L.L.E 1
Stands for Belle!

Belle
Active pup
Likes to jump
I miss her so
Dog 

B.E.L.L.E 2
Stands for Belle!

Belle
Amazing pup
Likes to hope
She rocks my socks!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Abby,
    This is Bailey Peters, Your poetry is really good!! I miss you and can't wait to see you again. Looks like your having fun.
    MISS YOU so badly!!!
    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete