Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School


We've finished our first day of school and I think everyone in the family was exhausted! Our morning started early because Jeff & I were supposed to be at school by 7:15. Let's just say that 50% of us made it...okay so I was late my first day! I hate to admit but three of my students beat me to school... The bell rings at 7:40 a.m. and students are to be in their seats by that bell. In elementary our day is done at 2:45 and for secondary at 3:00. The kids and I made it to school by 7:35, before we left I convinced Abby & Zach to take the traditional first day of school picture. Don't they look ready for school?


We started the day with a K-12 chapel. It was awesome, we got to begin our day praising God through worship songs. Then the superintendent spoke about our school theme for the year which is B.E. R.E.A.L.
  • B - Bold

  • E - Expectant

  • R - Redeemed

  • E - Extraordinary

  • A - Authentic

  • L - Loved

There is a song by Matthew West called "The Motions" and it talks about "not wanting to have any regrets...I don't want to go through the motions, I don't want to go one more day, without your all consuming passion inside of me...I don't want to spend my whole life asking, what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions?" It is a song with powerful words. The school is going to use the song as kind of the theme song for the year.


Upon returning to the classroom I had a room of eight first graders, six boys and two girls. It will be an interesting year, three are from Korea, one from Australia, one from England, and three from the states. In fact one of the girls is from Oklahoma, what are the odds. I am looking forward to this year with these students.


As far as the rest of the family...I'll let them respond at a later time. Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment